Download Manager: Running multiple installations on the same server
Download Manager can retrieve data stored on our server for just one Receiver ID.
If you have multiple IDs and want to use them the same server please follow these steps.
- Make sure that you already have the software installed. If you need help with the first installation you can use this guide: Download Manager Installation;
- Create a copy of the Download Manager installation folders:
- C:\Program Files\Basware\Basware DM
- C:\ProgramData\Basware\Basware DM
- You can paste these in the same location. For example:
- C:\Program Files\Basware\Basware DM2
- C:\ProgramData\Basware\Basware DM2
- Make sure that Dm.lap and DmService.lap files from C:\Program Files\Basware\Basware DM2 (new folder) point towards the correct ProgramData Path.
- To do this, open the 2 files and modify the entry -Ddm.input.folder=, for example -Ddm.input.folder=C:\ProgramData\Basware\Basware DM 2\
- Create a copy of the Java installation folder;
- C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161
- You can paste it in the same location. For example
- C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161 2
- Set the second installation service to use the recently copied Java.
- Open the file DmService.lap files from C:\Program Files\Basware\Basware DM2(new folder) and search for the janel.java.home.path= entry.Modify it to reflect the new path. For example janel.java.home.path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161 2;
- You also have the option to use an alternative Java VM: Change of Java VM used by Download Manager;
- Create a new Download Manager service for the second installation by opening Command Prompt as Administrator
- Run this command: sc create <Service Name> binPath=<path to DmService.exe file> .For example: sc create Download Manager 2 binPath=C:\Program Files\Basware\Basware DM2\DmService.exe
- Check if the Service has been created in Windows Services and try to start it.
- If there are issues, open the windows registry (regedit) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Download Manager;
- Make sure that the ImagePath for both original and new services is reflecting the correct folder from C:\Program Files;
- Both application or services can run at the same time with completely different configurations.