P2P Purchase - How to - Configure Purchase Document Numbering
This article will explain how purchase requisition, order, and goods receipt numbers are generated in P2P and how to configure them.
Purchase requisition, order, and goods receipt numbering can be configured in the Document creation settings. To access this setting, user needs the user right Manage purchase documents.
This user right can be set from: Basware P2P Administration > Users > User Roles > Purchase > Manage purchase documents
To configure document numbering:
- Navigate to Data management > Purchase > Document creation settings.
- Select the organization for which you want to configure the numbering pattern.
- For each document type, you can set the following options:
- Prefix: Add a custom prefix for each document type.
- Delimiter: Select this option to add hyphens between each number element
- Year (two digits): Select this option to add the two-digit year to the number. We recommend including this to prevent duplicate PO numbers.
- Company code: Select this option to include the organization's company code in the number. We recommend including this to prevent duplicate PO numbers.
- Reset series at start of year: If you select this option, at the start of each year the document number will restart at the number defined in the First number in series field. When this option is enabled, include the year in your number format to prevent duplicate PO numbers.
- Number of digits: Define how many digits are available in the series. The number can be set between 5-15 digits.
- First number in series: Define the first number in the document series. If you change this number, the new setting will go into effect at the start of next year.
- When you have configured all of the numbering formats, click Save.
- The maximum number of characters, including delimiters, supported for each document type is 32.
- The Preview column displays the first document number based on the current settings.
- To prevent duplicate PO numbers, we recommend including the year and company code in your numbering format.
In emergency cases, the existing number sequences can be forced to restart from a new one, but the old business document numbers will remain as they were. To force restart existing number sequences, contact Basware Customer Support.