Price Breaks can be added to Delivery Items to allow the delivery cost to be adjusted based on the quantity ordered or the price of an order.
To add price breaks to a Delivery Item in the Content Loader simply copy the delivery item, so you have a duplicate, and modify two fields:
1. Unit Price
2. Minimum Order Quantity
To create price breaks based on the number of items in the basket, enter Item into the Delivery Type column. Then modify the MOU cells to specify the breaks, and the Unit Price cells to enter the delivery costs.
The screenshot below shows a price break at 10 items, so that when the buyer orders 10 or more boxes of bees the delivery will drop from £2.50 to £1.00 per item.
To create price breaks based on the price of the items, enter Basket into the Delivery Type column. Then modify the Minimum Order Quantity cells to specify the breaks and the Unit Price cells to enter the delivery costs.
Note, that Basket Delivery Items the Minimum Order Quantity is the total price, not number, of the items. For example, the screenshot below shows a price break at £50, so that when the order for this item is for £50 or more the delivery will be free.
Price breaks on delivery items can also be managed in the Price List section of Product Manager.
1. Once in Product Manager click ‘Price Lists’
2. Find the price list that contains the delivery item you need to edit
3. On the Manage Price List page click the cog button next to the Delivery Items heading (see screenshot below)
4. On the list of items find the item you want to edit and click the edit (pencil) button next to it.
5. The item will load with the minimum order quantity and price shown in the first row of Price Break fields (see below). To add a price break click the green ‘plus’ button. The example below shows a price break at 10 items, so that when the buyer orders 10 or more boxes the delivery will drop from £2.50 to £1.00 per item.
6. Breaks can also be created on price. The screenshot below shows a price break at £50, so that when an order is for £50 or more the delivery will be free. To achieve this the Delivery Type must be BASKET and the price from which the break will be applied is entered (without a currency symbol) in the ‘Number of Units’ field.