Basware Message: Ghostscript
The program Basware Message needs to send an image in black and white from your document.
This image will be created with a program named Ghostscript.
In some isolated cases, Ghostscript can generate errors usually fixed by updating the program following one of our guides depending on the error that you receive.
Please note that Ghostscript is a 3rd party program and not owned by Basware.
This program also handles your Postscript files created with the Basware Message Printer.
On some installations especially where PS splitting is active and you have multiple invoices inside the same postscript file), it can malfunction and create non readable prints of your documents (generated by using the Basware Message Printer);
Due to it's limited character recognition base, it could happen that the update to the latest version will not work.
- Are you sending Postscript files by printing on the Message Printer?
- Are you creating Postscript files containing multiple invoices that have to be split into individual documents?
- Are you creating PDF files that are converted during the data transmission into postscript?
- If the update to the latest version (as described in this article: Ghostscript Update) is not working depending on the situation, alternatives can be found;
- If you are printing individual invoices, you can export PDF files either if you ERP allows it directly or by using a virtual printer (for example Microsoft Print to PDF);
- If you are already printing PDF files from your ERP, please Open the Basware Message Configuration and in the PDF tab select Send PDF directly. This will ensure that the file will not be converted into postscript;
- If you print multiple invoices in the same Postscript file, it can be that the only solution is to have them exported individually.
Background information: when you print a single invoice with the Message Printer and the splitting function is not enabled, the program will create a black an white image without reading the text content and send it to us. In many cases this will arrive correctly and will be processed accordingly. If the splitting function is enabled, with the help of Ghostscript, Basware Message will try to open and read the text of the invoice and for the reasons mentioned above it can lead to the document not being handled correctly;
- If the solutions described above are not suited for you, try reaching to our Customer Support for further guidance;