Uploading content with the Loader
What is the Loader?
The Loader allows using various kinds of files to upload content and is found at Product Manager > Loader. You can use your existing Content Loader v5.9 file, use other file templates found in the Content Loading Templates library, or create mappings for custom files.
Our new Loader functionality allows users to upload content from many formats, including their existing Content Loader v5.9s into Product Manager without using the built-in macros. This should reduce the errors currently presented in the Content Loader v5.9 when trying to use the macros in a 64-bit version of Microsoft Excel.
How do I upload content via the new Loader functionality?
The instructions below describe how to upload content from any file with an existing mapping in Loader. Follow these instructions if you are using a Content Loader v5.9, Super Content Loader, or other templates from the Content Loading Templates library. If you are uploading a custom file, follow these instructions to create a mapping and upload it.
- Log in to your Basware account and click Product Manager > Loader at the top of your Dashboard page.
- If you do not see the Product Manager option you will need to raise a support case with the Basware Marketplace team. Contact details for this team can be found at the bottom of this article.
- Click Upload files, shown below:
- In the Mapping field, select the type of mapping that you want to use.
- If you are uploading a Content Loader v5.9, select "Content Loader Excel".
- Fill in the additional options:
- Source File: Choose the completed content file saved on your computer.
- Enter an Action:
- Create new items (this will create a new Price List under the name of the file you are uploading)
- Merge with existing items (this will add items to any price list that has the same name as what you called the file you are uploading)
- Replace existing items (this will replace any content on a price list that has the same name as the file you are uploading)
- Output Type:
- Products and Price List (the most common upload, this will add your items to the Item Directory and create a Price List with your items and prices linked).
- Import items only (rarely used, this will add your items to the item directory but will not create a Price List).
- Language: Choose the language of your upload.
- Classification: Select the version of the UNSPSC you opted for in your Content Loader v5.9. Most commonly 19 or 8.
- Currency: Select the currency you wish to upload this Content Loader v5.9 in.
- Your page should now look similar to the image below. Click Upload.
After clicking Upload, you will be navigated to the Uploads page. The upload you just started will be at the top of the page. When the upload is completed, it will turn GREEN and show "Validation status: VALID" if the content is valid and ready to commit, or turn RED and show "Validation status: ERROR" if there are problems with the content. To see the upload details, click View to open the Staging page.
- If RED: the system will show you your data and will highlight any problems in red. You must now go back into your content loading file and correct those issues. Once corrected, return to the Staging page and click Cancel. You will then need to complete the upload process again until it goes GREEN.
- If GREEN: the system will show you your data and the Commit action is available. Click Commit, and your upload will be processed through the system and converted into a Price List.
If you need additional assistance with the Loader, see our user guides here:
For more assistance, log a case from the Basware support portal.