Basware Message: Skipping file
Basware Message cannot send the files deposited in the upload directory.
In most cases an error message is displayed: "Skipping file".
- Make sure that the file is closed on your workstation;
- Check if the files are locally stored on your HDD or if they are kept on a network drive;
- If the files are stored on a network drive, it can be that another user has it opened. You can verify this information by starting the task manager and in the users tab, it is possible to see everything that is active for each one. If the file is opened it should be ok to send once closed;
- If the files are stored locally, check if they are opened on your workstation and if so, please close them;
- In some cases, it can be that the user that is starting the program does not have sufficient rights to read and write into the folders used by Basware Message. This issue can be resolved by adding your user and giving it control in that folder. First open your Basware Message application and check in configuration which Local Path,Log Path and if used Attachments folder are you using;
- Open the location and Right Click on the folder, selecting at the bottom Properties;
- In the Security tab click on Edit;
- Select Add and search for your user by inserting the name into the text box, then click on Check Names;
- If it was found click on OK;
- Repeat the same operation for every folder including the Basware Message folder that can be found in the path "C:\ProgramData\Basware" where the program has a stored configuration file;
- Try sending your documents by running the application;