Requirements for sending PDF invoices to data capture services
Requirements for sending PDF invoices to data capture services (Basware Scan and Capture Services (BSCS) or SmartPDF).
Basware Scan and Capture Services and SmartPDF require PDF invoices sent via email to follow the below requirements:
- The email address (@bscs.basware.com or @pdf.basware.com) must be added to the TO field (not CC or BCC).
- Email must be addressed to only one Basware data capture service email address (BSCS or PDF - see above).
- The Basware data capturing services send notifications for all emails received; therefore, no-reply email accounts should not be used.
- Total email size cannot exceed 10 MB.
- Email may include multiple PDF attachments.
- Each PDF attachment should contain only one invoice.
- The attachment name should not contain special characters or leading/trailing spaces in the filename.
- PDF version should be 1.4 or higher.
- The PDF should not require a password to open.
- Security settings on the PDF should not restrict the document (in Properties -> Security -> Document Restriction Summary).
- Note: The use of PDF security settings is not suitable for preventing documents from being changed. This can prevent the content from being read and processed by Basware data capturing services. Digital signatures can be used for this purpose.
- The first page of the PDF should not be a blank page.
- For image-based PDF files (scanned PDF files), the resolution of the image must be 300 dpi (or higher), and preference for PDF text-based documents (also known as machine-readable PDF files) will improve the quality of the capturing data in the delivered documents.
- Any unsupported or corrupted files that were accepted by Basware will be delivered to the customer without extraction and with default values.
- Such document is delivered to the recipient known as NON_INVOICE.
A receipt of delivery will be sent to the sender’s email address. The notification e-mail will contain a tracking ID known as BUMID.
Please note that even a picture (such as a company logo or clickable icons/hyperlinks) in the signature can prevent invoices from processing (filtered as spam or virus-infected).
It is advised to avoid adding the buyer company's employees' personal or team email addresses to minimize duplicate invoices. The recipient (buyer) can view the received business documents through an online portal known as Basware Portal.
If you need help, please get in touch with Basware Support at the Basware ServiceNow contact form or use the Chat available on the Basware Portal front page.