Supplier Guide - Uploading or Updating Content into Product Manager
How to load your content into Product Manager.
There are several different file types you can load into the Content Upload screen in Product Manager:
- Content Loader Generated – This is the BME file you generate from a Content Loader file
- Content Loader CSV – You can upload item and Pricing data from a simple CSV file and the guide and template can be found on the Content Upload screen under the tool tips on the right-hand side when you select this option from the drop down
- BME Cat - BMEcat files are XML files with details of items and prices. They can be generated by a variety of systems. If you manage your items in a system that can export the correct format, you can import these directly
- PEPPOL catalogue – This is a file used by those using the PEPPOL system
- Item Template Values - This section lets you upload Templated Item Data in a CSV file that will populate the form data for your items. The guide and template can be found on the Content Upload screen under the tool tips on the right-hand side when you select this option from the drop down
- Item attributes - Attributes relate to items and are not related to price lists.
- There are two types of attributes, standard and custom. Each item must have a class of either Goods or Service, and an item’s standard attributes are based on this class. Custom attributes are defined by you and must consist of a name and a value.
- Media Links - This section lets you upload data in a CSV file that will link images and PDF files to your items. The guide and template can be found on the Content Upload screen under the tool tips on the right-hand side when you select this option from the drop down
Only the first 3 file types will be addressed in this guide as these are for loading items and price lists.
Accessing the upload screen:
- From the Product Manager dashboard, select the Upload Content button.
- When accessing the Content Upload screen, your first option is to select the type of file you are uploading from the drop-down menu.
- If you are loading a Content Loader Generated file, Content Loader CSV or BMEcat you will have the same below 3 options:
- Click the Import Items Only toggle, if you would like to just import the items and ignore the price data from the file.
- From the drop-down menu, select the desired currency for the price list.
- Click the Select File button, browse to your xml file and open it.
- Click the Upload button to begin importing the content to Product Manager.
NOTE: The Price List name in Product Manager will be the same as the file name of the xml content file. Please ensure the file name is meaningful to you and your colleagues. You cannot change the price list name once the price list has been created.
This will begin the upload process and you will see the progress bars appear.
- Click the Stop button if you would like to stop the upload at any point.
Once the upload has completed you will be presented with the following status in a box with the success message, type of file loaded, name of file loaded and the time it completed.
If the upload fails, you will see the following status in a box with the error message.
- To see the errors that have occurred, click the Download report button.
This report will list out the errors from the upload File.
- Once you have made the relevant changes, upload the file again as before.