Checking Row Approval Rights in P2P Administration
This article helps in:
- Understanding how to check the row approval rights.
- Confirming why the invoice line is allocated to a particular recipient.
To access the Advanced User Rights page, you must have the user right "Manage advanced user rights". The right can be granted in P2P Administration, in System Users > Administrators > Administration tab.
To search for users who have row approval rights for specific dimensions:
- Open P2P Administration
- Go to Users > Advanced User Rights.
- In Administrative Site, select the organization for which you want to see the results. For example, if you want to check why an invoice has a particular recipient, select the invoice organization.
- In Filter Criteria, enter values in the dimension fields, and click Search. The users who have advanced user rights for the selected dimensions are listed in Advanced User Rights section.
Note: To check the meaning of the dimension fields, refer to Solution Description Document (contact your admin user).
- Sort the search results by Priority index. The user having the lowest value in Priority index is selected first. Low value means high priority. If there are multiple records for the same user, the maximum limit amount will be used when approving an invoice line.
Note: If there are multiple users with the same priority in the results, one of them will be selected randomly.
Points to be considered when checking the approval limits and users:
- Check if the row approval limit is based on organizational rights or advanced user rights: go to P2P Administration > Settings > Row approval limit check:
- If conditional approval is in use, the row approval limit will not be checked, and the user will be selected based on the priority only.
- If conditional approval is not in use, the row approval limit is checked first, and then the priority.
Tips for searching by dimensions:
- Start searching by entering a value in Dimension 1 only, and if there are multiple records, enter other dimensions gradually.
- If there are no results, replace the values with (*) gradually one by one.
After completing the search, if you still find that the results do not match with the user that was selected on the invoice line, try canceling and resending the invoice.