Only five units are included in the standard startup fee.
Below the unit matrix columns are explained in detail.
- Legal unit name
The name of the unit within the customer organization. This should be the registered name of the unit/company. This information will be used to establish any required services per receiving company and as the company name is inserted into invoices from the data capture service. A dummy company may need to be created for receiving unmatchable invoices.
- E-invoice address
This is a unique identifying number that is assigned to each receiving unit in order to route e-invoices through the Basware Network. In other words, it is a unique identifier for Basware Network. If the customer already is an e-invoice receiver these may already be assigned and recorded. If not, it is recommended that existing unique codes be selected such as business ID (VAT or similar). If these do not exist, they must be created and/or ordered from the appropriate authority. The e-invoice entered in the unit matrix must be present in the extracts provided.
- Unique company code
The number or code assigned to the unit in the accounts payable system (typically an ERP). This is used for identification and routing purposes in situations where more than one legal entity shares one PO Box/email. This is not the same as the e-invoice address. The company code entered in the unit matrix must be present in the extracts provided.
- VAT registration number (tax ID)
If the VAT registration number is an extracted field, then the values populated in this column will be excluded from the results.
- Scan method
From the dropdown list, the source of the business document is selected.
- Email only - The data capture project can be created with email only. This can be used in the case of Scan & Capture, which has only an email receiving solution (no paper). In the case of SmartPDF, this method needs to be selected.
- Paper and email - If paper processing is required, then "paper and email" is selected. If this is selected, then Paper Processing Guide must be created.
- CloudScan - For in-house scanning and/or email receiving Basware offers a CloudScan solution.
- Custom delivery - Special arrangements to send invoices to Basware, and must be agreed upon with the Basware sales team.
- Production email address
The e-mail receiver solution is a component of the Scan & Capture or SmartPDF service that a customer receives as part of their agreement with Basware. It allows invoices in PDF format to be e-mailed to a specified e-mail address which will then be downloaded and processed through the implemented data capture process set up for that customer.
One e-mail address is required for each legal entity defined in the project, to enable the separation and sorting of invoices in the same manner as a PO Box.
The e-mail addresses are chosen by the customer with the following format in the production environment:
- Scan & Capture: <customer choice>@bscs.basware.com
- SmartPDF: <customer choice>@pdf.basware.com
- Test email address
The e-mail addresses in the test environment should be the same as the one in production, but note the ending:
- Scan & Capture: <customer choice>@bscstest.basware.com
- SmartPDF: <customer choice>@testpdf.basware.com
- Languages (in order of % received)
For each legal unit name, please indicate which languages invoices can be expected to be received. It should be in the order of languages in which invoices arrive. For example, if 70% of invoices are received in English, 20% in French, and 10% in German, the values should be English, French, and German (in that order). The scanning service project in the background will be applied with the possible languages.
- Yearly volume
The volume of invoices per year is expected for this unit.
- Go-live date
The date when the first production invoices are expected to be processed and released via production systems.
- Delivery SLA time zone
This is used to calculate throughput SLAs. Please provide the full-time zone information for example (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. Typically the time zone in the country where the contract has been signed. Meaning, if the customer's headquarters are located in Germany then the time zone is marked as "(UTC+2) Berlin".
- Best practice: If the data capture project is a large multi-region setup, then specify regions as EMEA, North-America, APAC and select a city within the region. If multi regions are used, then create a separate Data Capture Guide for each region as this will be best practice to have regional specific capturing rules. Additionally, due to office hours, it's important to have invoices arriving at optional times within the region.
Paper Processing Guide
Basware offers paper scanning as part of the Scan & Capture. If paper scanning is required, then a separate Paper Processing Guide must be created. For more information about paper scanning and the guide, please visit Paper Processing Guide.