Basware Message: Service terminates automatically
Basware Message Service is showing an error when started.
The Basware Message Service stops immediately when started without any errors.
- When starting the service, press on refresh after a few seconds and check if the status is still on Running;
- If the application is started, please close it, wait a few seconds and try to start the service (Basware Messsage Service cannot be opened at the same time with the application);
- Check if your files are stored locally or on a network drive;
- Please make sure that the "Allow service to interact with desktop" check box is NOT set in the properties of the service.
- Open the application and make sure that the Option "Don't ask for password" is checked;
- The attachments option must NOT be set to "Interactive";
- The Program does not have enough user rights into the configured folders. The user who starts the service must have full read and write access in all the folders that are registered. If necessary, start the service with an administrator account. In order to check the configured folders, open your Basware Message application and check in configuration which Local Path,Log Path and if used Attachments folder are you using;
- Open the location and Right Click on the folder, selecting at the bottom Properties;
- In the Security tab click on Edit;
- Select Add and search for your user by inserting the name into the text box,then click on Check Names;
- If it was found click on OK;
- Repeat the same operation for every folder including the Basware Message folder that can be found in the path "C:\ProgramData\Basware" where the program has a stored configuration file;
- If the paths are mapped in the program, please replace them with the original UNC paths.For example instead of Y:\path use the original 192.168.x.x\folder\path;
- After your user has been added into all the folders proceed in starting the service. If there is still an error, you can change the user details of the service from your Local System Account to the one that you are using and gave permissions for. In order to do so, open the Properties of your Basware Message Service, and in the Log On tab add your details under "This Account";
- Start the service. The issue should be resolved if the access is correct;