Checking Row Approval Rights in P2P Admin
This article helps in:
- Understanding how to check the row approval rights.
- Confirm why the invoice row is allotted to a particular recipient.
To Access Advance User Rights page, the User should have 'Manage advance user rights' rights placed under the Administration tab on the System Users → Administrators Page.
- Open P2P Admin
- Go to Users --> Advanced User Rights Option.
- Select the organization for which you want to see the results (For example, if you want to check why the invoice has a particular recipient then select the Invoice Organization).
- Enter Dimension1, 2, etc., and click on the Search button.
Note: To check the meaning of dimension fields please refer to Solution Description Document (Check with administrative users).
- Sort the result panel by Priority index (The user having a lower value in Priority index is selected first. Low value means High priority.). If there are multiple records for the same user then the maximum limit amount will be used while approving the Invoice row.
Please Note that if we have multiple users with same priority in the results then user will be picked randomly.
Points to be considered for checking the limits and users:
- Need to check if the Limit is based on Organizational rights or Advanced user rights. It can be checked in P2P Admin:
- Go to Settings
- Check Row approval limit check
- If the conditional approval is in use, then the limit will not be checked and the user will be picked on the priority only.
- If the conditional approval is not in use, then the Limit is checked first and then the priority.
Tips for searching using Dimensions:
- Start Searching by putting the value in Dimension 1 only and if there are multiple records, then start entering other dimensions gradually.
- If there are no records start replacing values with (*) gradually one by one.
After completing the search, if you still find that the result do not match with the user resolved in the invoice row, Try cancel and resend the invoice.