Requirements for sending PDF invoices to data capture services
Requirements for sending PDF invoices to data capture services (Basware Scan and Capture Services (BSCS) or SmartPDF).
Basware Scan and Capture Services and SmartPDF require PDF invoices sent via email to follow the below requirements:
- The email address (@bscs.basware.com or @pdf.basware.com) must be added to the TO field (not CC nor BCC field).
- Email must be addressed to only one Basware data capture service email address (BSCS or PDF - see above).
- The Basware data capturing services send notifications for all emails received; therefore use of no-reply email accounts should not be used.
- Total email size cannot exceed 10 MB.
- Email may include multiple PDF attachments.
- Each PDF attachment should contain only one invoice.
- The attachment name should not contain special characters or leading/trailing spaces in the filename.
- PDF version should be 1.4 or higher.
- The PDF should not require a password to open.
- Security settings on the PDF should not restrict the document (in Properties -> Security -> Document Restriction Summary).
- Note: The use of PDF security settings is not suitable for preventing documents from being changed. This can prevent the content from being read and processed by Basware data capturing services. Digital signatures can be used for this purpose.
- The first page of the PDF should not be a blank page.
- For image-based PDF files (scanned PDF files), the resolution of the image must be 300 dpi (or higher), and preference for PDF text-based documents (also known as machine-readable PDF files) will improve the quality of the capturing data in the delivered documents.
- Any unsupported or corrupted files that were accepted by Basware will be delivered to the customer without extraction and with default values.
A receipt of delivery will be sent to the sender’s email address. The notification e-mail will contain a tracking ID known as BUMID.
Please note that even a picture (such as a company logo or clickable icons/hyperlinks) in the signature can prevent invoices from processing (filtered as spam or virus-infected).
If you need help, please contact Basware Support at Basware ServiceNow contact form or use the Chat available on the Basware Portal front page.