Edge - Create Free-Text Forms
The new free-text form functionality replaces the old Workplace functionality for creating free-text forms. You can use this functionality if you have the Manage free-text forms user right.
You can create different kinds of free-text forms for end users to use in free-text ordering.
NOTE: You can find one default free-text form on the list. You can copy this form as the basis for creating your own forms. You cannot delete the default form.
To create free-text forms, follow the instructions for these phases:
- Enter form properties.
- Add fields to the form and define the layout.
- Finally, check the form, save it, and publish it.
A. Create form and edit its properties:
- Click the Administration icon > Data management.
- Click Free-text forms in the Purchase section.
- Click Add.
- On the right side of the page in Form properties:
- Enter a name for the form.
- Select the organization that the form can be used in.
- Define settings related to inheritance and validity.
- NOTE: Administrative users that are in a lower organization level cannot edit or delete the inherited forms.
- Define purchasing category.
- NOTE: You can also add a purchasing category selection field to the form so that the end users select the category.
- Define keywords.
- With the keywords, the end users find the form easier.
- In Form instructions, enter a description about the free-text form for the end users so that they know in what kind of purchases the form is to be used in.
- In Internal description, write a description that is visible in Free-text administration for other administrative users.
- (Optional) In Snapshot image, add an image that describes your free-text form.
- (Optional) In the Attachments panel, add attachments to the form.
- Attachments can be for example purchasing policies or purchase instructions. The attachments will not be visible to suppliers. The attachment size and formats follow the Basware attachment service policies.
B. Add fields and define the layout:
- On the left side of the page, click + to open the toolbox.
- All the relevant purchase requisition fields are available grouped into sections: Requisition line fields, Requisition address fields, and Requisition invoicing fields.
- Use search to find the fields that you want to add.
- Add all the fields that you need by dragging and dropping them to the right.
- Select a field on the form and then in Field properties edit the properties of all the fields one by one.
- The field properties change based on the field type you have selected.
- For example, you can edit the field’s size and add a placeholder text as a hint to the end user. You can also add a default value for the field. Depending on the configuration, the end user can edit the default value.
- When you have added all the fields, use the fields in the Additional fields section in toolbox to edit the layout of the form.
- Add a spacer to add empty space between fields.
- Add subtitles to build structure to the form.
- Add text field, text area, and/or check box for the end user to enter some extra information.
- This information is carried over to the purchase requisition and possibly purchase order as additional information.
- Add these if the end users need to enter some additional information, for example the cake flavor if that cannot be selected in the form.
- Add a paragraph for example to instruct the end user in filling in the form.
Tips for editing the fields:
- To reorder the fields, drag and drop them as desired.
- To delete a field, hover over it and click X.
- To adjust the size of the field, hover over it and click + or -.
C. Preview, save and publish the form:
- To preview the form as it will look for the end users, click the Preview toggle.
- To edit the form or to save it, click the Preview toggle again.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish to make the form visible to end users.
On the list of free-text forms, the rows for published forms are black and the rows for unpublished forms are gray.
- To copy a form as a basis for another form, click and Copy.
- To delete the form, click and Delete. You can delete and copy either published or unpublished forms.
- If you do not want the form to be visible for the end users anymore, you must unpublish it. Open the form from the list by clicking its name and click Unpublish.
- To edit the form, you must first unpublish the form.
You can start editing and copying and you can delete forms also from the list view.