Basware Message - Error uploading files: Java Heap Space
Basware Message works with a fixed amount of RAM memory.
If the upper limit is reached , the application can display the following message : "Error uploading files: Java Heap Space".
- Normally this memory is not enough if you want to send a fairly large file. Therefore, the first question would be: Should such a large file really be sent?
- It may be that your data receiver can not process such large data. If so, your data should be as small as possible.
- Depending on the Basware Message version, the resolution steps are different. If your program version is above version 3.0.4 or 1.0.7LE please use Guide 1, else use Guide 2.
- Check your system RAM usage and make sure that you have enough reserve in Task Manager.
- On your C: drive go into Program Files > Basware > Basware Message folder (full path: C:\Program Files\Basware\Basware Message);
- In this folder locate the file Message.lap (and if you are using the Basware Message Service,do the same with MessageService.lap) and open it with Notepad;
- Locate the line -Xmx256m and change it based on your RAM availability or needs to -Xmx512m or -Xmx1024;
- Save the file.
NOTE: In some cases, when saving the file it will require you to do it in another location.You can select to save it on your Desktop, then copy the file and paste it into the folder replacing the old one);
- Run Basware Message or the Basware Message Service again;
- For your Basware Message application, Right-click on the icon and select Properties;
- In the Target path locate the line -Xmx256m and change it based on your RAM availability or needs to -Xmx512m or -Xmx1024 (do not edit anything else) and click Apply and OK;
- Run the application;
- If you also use the Basware Message Service, continue by opening your windows registry (type regedit.exe in your search bar);
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Basware Message\Parameters;
- In the JVM Options locate the line -Xmx256m and change it based on your RAM availability or needs to -Xmx512m or -Xmx1024;