If a customer wishes to terminate Basware services either fully or partially, this can be done through the Basware Support Portal by logging a case for Basware to process.
- To find this, the customer needs to Open the Portal, navigate to “Log a case”, select “General forms” and open “Service Termination Request”.
It is important to understand that when this form is used to terminate service it will result in terminating one product fully, multiple products fully or the full customer relationship with Basware.
NOTE: If the customer only wants to terminate a business unit or an account, but service is still needed, then a change request must be created instead of a termination request.
- Service Termination Request = full termination of all services or termination of some services in full.
- Change Request = terminating a part of one service, e.g. country unit or business unit, this is a change, not a termination.
When terminating any service, Basware always need to have certain information from the customer side to terminate the correct services. It is also very important that once a customer terminates, it is done according to the contract. Often there is a termination period or contract period that should be taken into consideration when terminating.
Before terminating, it is important to know that the person who is creating the request can, from a legal perspective, terminate on behalf of the customer. If this is not sure, then it is a good idea to ask someone else to terminate, somebody that is authorized to perform such actions on behalf of the company.
How to fill in the Service Termination Request in practice:
Once the Request is opened via the Portal, the customer is prompted with a form to complete. This ensures that Basware can do all the necessary activities: validate the request, terminate the services, terminate invoicing, provide all the necessary data, and document the termination request.
- The first thing to do is attach a termination letter to the Request if there is one. This is not mandatory.
After this, the form can be filled in. This Knowledge Base article can be opened alongside to help with completing the termination form.
- The first section to fill in is the Service Termination Request Details.
- Company name and Contact Person is automatically populated by the customer login details in ServiceNow.
- The first field to fill in is the Contact for verification, by providing another contact person from the customer. This covers potential situations where Basware needs to have a four eyed principle to ensure the validity of the termination. This would be needed in situations where Basware has not been in contact with the requesting customer contact or if the requesting customer contact is not known in Basware database.
- Document Date is automatically populated as the date of request. This is not the date of termination, just the date when the request has been made.
- Additional details about the termination, in here Basware expects that any details regarding the termination in general are given. All possible details that may be needed for the termination should be provided here for Basware.
- In the Services section, the customer is to select what services they wish to terminate.
- The Scope can be selected as full or partial.
- If full is chosen, then fill, the customer relationship with Basware is terminated.
- If Partial is chosen, then a full product (one or many) is terminated, but there will still be services and products in use.
- Select the Services to terminate from Products to remove list if partial termination is selected.
- Once the selection is done, the requested effective termination date needs to be added to Date of termination. It is important to ensure that this is according to the contract, this will be validated at Basware and if it is not based on the contract, Basware will adjust and correct the date.
- Once the selections are done, Basware wishes to understand why someone is terminating. A reason should be selected from the dropdown menu in Reason for termination and if possible, the free text field should be used to give further information about the reason in Additional information about termination.
NOTE: If P2P Services are terminated, then it is critical that Basware receives information regarding the data transfers from P2P systems. These details must be completed in the fields P2P Invoicing Data and P2P Database Data. If data is needed, then the contact person field will be visible. It is critical for the customer to add a correct e-mail address here for the Basware team to communicate further regarding the data transfers.
- P2P Invoicing Data is the data of the invoices in the systems.
- P2P Database Data is the system data (approval flows, routings etc.)
These questions are critically important. If it is chosen that data is not needed, this data will not be available after the termination. The data will be fully removed after the termination.
When the form is completed with all the details, pressing “Order Now” will push the request forward for Basware to process.
During the process, the customer will receive notifications:
- when the termination request is validated,
- when Basware is in progress of terminating and
- when Basware has completed the termination.
During the process, Basware teams might also contact the customer for any further questions.